Hello! This post is the first of a series, 31 Days of Finding Joy. Interested in finding the rest? Scroll down for a list of posts.
I started this blog approximately a month and a half ago, with the best of intentions. Obviously, I exhibited some serious dedication… since this is only my 2nd post. This is kind of reminding me of the 20-some odd diaries and journals I started as a child. So this is my attempt at getting my act together and actually working on this blog.
For our wedding in June, my wonderful college roommate’s equally wonderful family gave us the book “The Nesting Place” by Myquillyn Smith, affectionately known in the blogosphere as The Nester. My roommate’s mom wrote me a sweet note about how the book reminded her of me and my “craftiness and cute ideas,” or something along those lines. I just started the book this week and can I just say, I could not be more flattered and complimented that this book reminded her of me.
BUT! This post is not just about me rambling. I mention all this to get to my point: I started reading the book, got inspired, found The Nester’s blog, and found out that she’s starting her annual 31 Days Series! I don’t know WHY I am getting myself involved–accountability is a dangerous thing. But it can be rewarding, can’t it?
So my 31 days (well… I’m starting this a day late so it’s really more like 30 days. Oops.) are going to be focused on Finding Joy. That was the point of my blog in the first place; that was its purpose. Therefore, what better way to break my lack of concentration than to get this back to its purpose? So to start us off: a short list of 5 little things that help me find joy, in no particular order:
1. Watching Once Upon a Time. Sorry, I’m obsessed.
2. Having a new apartment, a place of our own. I cannot WAIT to finish unpacking and start decorating. You have no idea.
3. Pumpkins! Yesterday, Tyler and I found a roadside stand selling pumpkins for 4/$10. WHAT. More on this to come, I’m sure.
4. Surprises–good surprises. Like an unexpected bonus at work. Winning!
5. A full bookshelf and a cozy chair. Throw a big ol’ fluffy blanket in there and I couldn’t feel any more warm and fuzzy.
Look for more to come. I’ll figure out this blogging life soon enough.
* * *
Looking for the rest of the 31 Days of Finding Joy series?